The Video Engineer will be responsible for new software feature development for ClearOne audio and video conferencing and streaming products. Day to day technical activities will include the following:
- Designing, developing, and debugging network media streaming and control protocols
- Investigating and resolving video and audio quality problems and problems affecting system stability. This includes responding to customer issues that have been escalated into engineering
- Coordinating the day to day tasks of other team members to ensure on-time delivery. Other team members will be working on video, GUI, driver, or hardware integration issues,
- Communicating status to management and working with management to make any required corrections to the development plan.
- This engineer will also work with Engineering Management and Product Line Management to define requirements, develop architecture and design documents, and implement new product features as required.
Required Critical Skills:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years’ experience in design, development and documentation of video products from initial design through production is required. Additional required skills include experience with the following:
- Strong software development experience in C/C++, and Java is required
- Experience writing software for a Real Time multi-threaded OS (Linux, VxWorks) is desired.
- Experience writing software for Embedded Windows and Android Platform is required.
- Knowledge of audio and video compression standards for conferencing and streaming (H.264, H.265 HEVC, G.7xx, AAC, etc.)
- Knowledge of transcoding tools like FFMPEG.
- Knowledge of streaming and networking protocols such as RTSP, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), RTP, RTCP, HTTP and UDP including multicast.
- Knowledge of methods to ensure resiliency against packet loss in video streaming systems
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with domain area experts and/or technical managers across a company in order to resolve design problems or bugs.
- Experience writing, and gaining acceptance of, system architecture specifications, functional specifications, detailed design documents, and development schedules for products.