The Technical Support Representative is at the forefront of ClearOne Customer Service. This position answers technical questions, troubleshoots audio, video and telephony equipment and assists dealers, installers and users with ClearOne products. Support is provided by phone, email, or through internet chat. ClearOne will provide specialized technical training in the products to be supported.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve technical issues on ClearOne products via the phone, email or chat.
- Work within a team and obtain assistance from senior techs and management as needed.
- Distinguish between hardware failure and configuration errors and arrange for repair or exchange of equipment based on the test results, or suggest a solution to the configuration errors.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues through the service ticket support database.
- Assist installers and users with the calibration and configuration of ClearOne products.
- Ability to multi-task between several customer situations at the same time.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The ability to understand, answer questions about and troubleshoot technical issues and solve technical problems for customers.
- Must have the ability to speak and write in clear, professional English and the ability to provide technical instruction to others.
- Must be able to discern tone and amplitude sufficiently to perform audio troubleshooting remotely.
- Demonstration of mature customer service skills to a technically demanding clientele.
- Self-teaching and the ability to resolve complex problems using logic, reason and diagnostic tools.
- Must take and maintain ownership of support cases until a resolution is obtained.
- Able to communicate accurate technical information to customers using available resources, and the ability to create new technical documentation when needed.
- Willing to meet performance expectations for productivity and attendance.
Education and Technical Certifications:
- Associate technical degree or equivalent work experience. Preferably in one or more of the following areas.
- Computer science with an emphasis on IT, networking or electronics
- Pro Audio
- AV Integration
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support.
- CTS or other AV Industry certifications desirable but not required.