The Shipping Specialist is truly critical to the success of our operation. Every day we ship products throughout the world. We rely on our Shipping Specialist to ensure those shipments are completed accurately, efficiently, and on time. We, therefore, need an outstanding individual with experience utilizing ERP/MRP systems, carriers’ shipping systems, preparing commercial invoices, and coordinating with carriers. The position is a mix of office/computer work (90%) and warehouse activity (10%).
Some of the activities the Shipping Specialist will perform include:
- Prepare documentation for all shipments including packing slips, labels, commercial invoices, and bills of lading
- Data entry in ERP/MRP, Carrier’s proprietary systems, and internal tracking systems
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Schedule and manage all shipments
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the internal operational system for all shipments including item numbers, lot numbers, serial numbers, shipping costs, HTS codes, and tracking numbers
- Coordinate international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws
- Ensure that all shipments are on time, accurate, packaged to protect materials shipped
- Communicate with carriers and forwarders
- Ensure items are shipped correctly by checking against sales orders and other documents
- Obtain shipping quotes as required
- Keep accurate, detailed, and timely record-keeping for all shipping activities
- Track and analyze mis-shipments to prevent future occurrences
- Follow-up on outstanding issues promptly and escalate as required
- Respond to inquiries regarding shipping questions, issues, or errors
- Experienced using and transacting in ERP/MRP systems (SAP, Oracle, Vantage)
- Proficient in MS Office programs specifically Excel and Word
- Experience working with shipping carriers such as UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, dependable, and willing to accept a wide variety of assignments.
- Strong work ethic and consistent attendance
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Inventory maintenance experience a plus
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.