The Quality Assurance /Applications Testing Engineer works closely with the Engineering design and development teams and Product Management to ensure that there is a good understanding of the product or system that is being created. Primary functions include design verification testing, R&D testing, and Technical Support, QA and Field Technician escalation, and training. The Apps Test Engineer ensures product quality through thorough testing of all new product designs and product updates of existing products.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Requires an AA degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in A/V (Audio Visual) applications testing, A/V technical support or A/V industry experience or similar
- Some familiarity with networks including LAN, VoIP, Telco
- Experience troubleshooting A/V or high-tech communication products is a plus.
- Ability to develop test cases based on product requirements and use case scenarios.
- Detail-oriented and well organized and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work paid overtime occasionally as required to meet deadlines and support internal and external customers.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
- Interest in audio and video technology with good auditory and visual capabilities and the ability to discriminate between various aspects of sound quality and video quality is desirable.
Design Verification Testing
- Testing will be performed in three major categories: performance, functionality, and application testing. Testing will verify product conformance to requirements. Performance testing verifies conformance to electrical specifications. Functionality testing tests functions including controls, displays, hardware, and software. Application testing verifies the product serves end-user requirements within specified environments. Interoperability testing verifies the unit will operate with other specified devices/systems/networks.
- The Applications Testing Engineer is responsible for identifying and reporting all bugs and verifying bug fixes. The Applications Test Engineer may identify shortcomings in the product specification and suggest appropriate enhancements. During the test phase, products may be sent to beta sites. The Applications Testing Engineer will provide remote support to external test sites and record results.
- The Applications Test Engineer will provide product and component evaluations to aid Product Management and Engineering for the research and development of new or concept products and/or technologies. This testing may include functional and performance evaluations and product comparisons.
- The Applications Test Engineer will provide technical support to staff on all new products prior to product release. The Applications Test Tech will assist the tech support group to resolve difficult issues including staging customer applications, generating general enhancement requests, assist field sales Technicians with difficult projects or installations, screen technical documents, develop and provide detailed product