Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: massive echo with Max Ex
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 am 

Hi forum,

I got my Max Ex with an Expansion Kit last week. Unfortunatelly the Expansion Kit was defective. But even from the single Max Ex in our conference room, I get terrible echos on the counterpart station. I tried different telephone models and reduced the speaker volume on the Max Ex to minimum.

Do I need an additional echo canceller for that single conferencing phone?
Can anybody help.

Thanks in advance.
Steffen

Post subject: Re: massive echo with Max Ex
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm 

Steffen,

We would need to know more details about what type of echo is being heard and who hears it. If the Max is in a room with a lot of hard surfaces that easily reflect sound, such as windows, hard walls, concrete, white boards, etc., this can cause the people at the far end of the phone conversation to hear a very "hollow", cave-like sound. Also, this sort of room can cause a Max system with 2 or more pods to get feedback between pods because of the sound reflecting back from one pod to another.

I would recommend that you call us at ClearOne Technical Support and we may be able to further troubleshoot these problems. Please call 800-283-5936, or 801-974-3760, or you can email tech.support@clearone.com

Post subject: Re: massive echo with Max Ex
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am 

Thanks for your reply. Our problem is just like you described it: it. "... a room with a lot of hard surfaces that easily reflect sound, such as windows, hard walls, concrete, white boards, etc., this can cause the people at the far end of the phone conversation to hear a very "hollow", cave-like sound."

Is there a technical solution for that? Or should we make a test call to your support?

Thanks in advance.
Steffen