Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: full duplex intercom system
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:51 pm 

I am writing in regards to an application that I have that Clearone may have a solution for or may want to look at coming up with a solution for this application. My company designs and builds and installs healthcare simulation systems across the U.S.. A simulation system would include a sim lab, where the training process and simulation occurs and a control room where an operator can control the simulation. We provide the simulation recording device and the AV integration for the simulation lab. Our application is to come up with a full duplex intercom system that would allow the control room operator to communicate with the person/s in the simulation lab with out receiving excessive feed back when they try to increase the listening levels.
I have just come to this company from another AV group that I headed up and there I used only clearone products for all of our AV systems. I am, familiar with the XAP800, the converge line, the ravline etc. In fact about a year ago and a half ago I wrote to your product manager suggesting that Clearone come out with an 8 input only module, which they have done(It was probably already in the making). I also suggested a smaller DSP, in the line of a 4 x 4 with 2 mic and 2 line inputs and to price it to capture the smaller conference rooms and classrooms. Haven't seen that one yet. That might be the ticket for thuis application.
Anyway, is there a clearone product that would allow for full duplex intercom. I know that the XAP800 or 400 would work with the echo cancellation circuitry but those units are above and beyond what we are needing for this applcation and therefore also too pricey for this application. Is there anythng in your current line up that may provide a cost effective solution for this application.

Thank you,
GLederer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am 

Hi Glederer,

Have you looked at the Chat 50?
--http://www.clearone.com/docs/datasheets/802-159-001-Rev1.7_Chat50DS_WEB.pdf--
It isn't an "integrated" audio device exactly, but it will provide the capability you are looking for at very low cost. The question would be if you need to use your own mics and speakers. The Chat 50 is an all inclusive device about the size of a deck of cards and designed for personal use (not very high volume)... Another option is the Accumic.
--http://www.clearone.com/docs/datasheets/802-156-115-Rev2.4_AccuMicVC_DS_web.pdf--
The Accumic gives you a 360 degree microphone pickup and we also built AEC processing in. You would need a small 2 channel amp and ceiling speakers and you have a hands free intercom.

RT