Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: Let us know your ideas!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:16 pm 

ClearOne has always been responsive to customer input on new product ideas. The Converge 560/590 and Tabletop Controller for XAP are two specific examples.

We'd love to hear from you - let us know what you'd like to see from ClearOne!

Post subject: Re: Let us know your ideas!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 pm 

It would be VERY helpful for the Chat 150 to have a "room audio" option checkbox. I purchased a Chat 150 USB with video conference option, to be able to interconnect with room audio systems via the line in/out connections on the breakout box. I assumed I could substitute the room audio connections for the video conferencing unit audio RCA line level connections. I now know from you that this does not work.

Nevertheless, this is very important. for example if you are using a pc-based video conferencing system to give a lecture. The chat 150 works fine by itself, but is not enough volume to fill a whole room.
You can hold a room audio mic up to the chat 150 speaker, but that has poor quaility and is hokey.
The echo cancellation capabilities of the chat 150 are critical for this application.

It would seem that all the necessary capability to do this is already present in the chat 150; it just needs to be configured somewhat differently.

PLEASE PROVIDE THIS OPTION!!

Thank you.

Dr Robert S Dixon
Ohio State University

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:40 am 

Hi Bob,

I'm thinking we may have the feature you are looking for. If you would like to try this again, here are a few things I would suggest:

Get the Chat software (this is optional software for most applications but we will need to get "under the hood" a bit here)

Connect the USB interface to the Chat 150 and open up the Chat software. If the Chat 150 is identified, there should be 5 buttons available on the left, click "Advanced".

At the lower left of the advanced screen, there is an option box titled "speaker". This will mute the Chat 150 speaker and route all incoming USB and VTC audio to the Line out where it can then be attached to a larger AMP and speaker system.

Thanks,
RT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm 

Well I certainly think that the wireless (cellphone) market is replacing most of the POTS market for entrepreneurs and small businesses. The Chat 50 and Chat 150 are good products but there is too much work necessary to have them connected to wireless products, including issues with socket size (2.5mm vs 3.5mm, TRRS plugs vs stereo plugs) and impedance levels. Nobody wants to deal with this sort of hassle.

Solution? Well why not go Bluetooth? Almost every tech savvy small business owner I know has a recent smartphone, and these smartphones almost certainly have Bluetooth. Although Bluetooth can be cumbersome for some users to setup initially, I think that this way is most certainly the most flexible and universal method to connecting to telephones.

Welcome your thoughts.