Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: recommendation on Video Conferencing product
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 am 

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here could help me please?.. I am the systems administrator for a network and have been asked to provide a video conferencing solution which is compatible with a Tandberg system.
Currently we have a sony EVI camera, a clear one rav 900 unit with three ceiling mounted microphone pods (not the best I know but after ordering the client asked for them to be mounted on the ceiling), a 50" LCD screen. All of this is linked into a desktop PC with upgraded video card. Previously we used WiredRed epop with the intention of using it between international sites but the other sites didn't implement this and we have let the license expire. We found that wired red although very good, left us being incompatible with other systems such as polycom and tandburg.

Does anyone have any suggestions which, if possible would use all the existing hardware as we are very happy with ClearOne and allow us to be more compatible with other systems (primarily with a Tandberg system). I saw microsofts communication server and that's probably where I will try to look further but was wondering if anyone more experience would be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?

Apologies if the system detail is scarce just now - I am waiting to obtain information from the other site.

Thanks,

Colin

Post subject: Re: recommendation on Video Conferencing product
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:35 pm 

If you want to be compatible with Tandberg or Polycom then use Tandberg.
Tandberg is the only VTC system I use in my designs.
Based on what you have listed I would use a Tandberg EDGE MXP 95.
I am surprised that the mics work that well considering thier pickups are on the base
and they are against ceiling tiles. I did it once and won't do it again. I am a big fan of the
Converge Pro. Personally I don't look to software for videoconferencing they are new players
to this game and videoconferencing is too critical. I do lots of videoconferencing systems
and have settled on Tandberg. They are just so compatible with other systems.
If software and network servers are so great why did the 800lb gorilla named Cisco just buy Tandberg?
Just like in Clearone with Tandberg its all in the algorithisms. Thats also why corporate is turning
to videoconferencing MCU's to handle all the calls. Videoconferencing mfrs understand the video data
and networkers only care about speed and bits not the quality of those bits.
Just my 2 cents worth.

[quote="colinged"]Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here could help me please?.. I am the systems administrator for a network and have been asked to provide a video conferencing solution which is compatible with a Tandberg system.
Currently we have a sony EVI camera, a clear one rav 900 unit with three ceiling mounted microphone pods (not the best I know but after ordering the client asked for them to be mounted on the ceiling), a 50" LCD screen. All of this is linked into a desktop PC with upgraded video card. Previously we used WiredRed epop with the intention of using it between international sites but the other sites didn't implement this and we have let the license expire. We found that wired red although very good, left us being incompatible with other systems such as polycom and tandburg.

Does anyone have any suggestions which, if possible would use all the existing hardware as we are very happy with ClearOne and allow us to be more compatible with other systems (primarily with a Tandberg system). I saw microsofts communication server and that's probably where I will try to look further but was wondering if anyone more experience would be kind enough to point me in the right direction please?

Apologies if the system detail is scarce just now - I am waiting to obtain information from the other site.

Thanks,

Colin[/quote]

Post subject: Re: recommendation on Video Conferencing product
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 pm 

Hey !!!

For businesses worldwide, the most serious problem in recovering business operations after a flood, power outage, or unforeseen disaster is recovering your data from your most critical servers.

http://www.newtonit.co.uk/products/videoconferencing