Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: Company health
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 pm 

Clear One's share price fell by more than 12% on the 18th June 2007. Trading was heavy for Clear One, which is a thinly traded share. That means someone sold a lot. I've looked at Clear One bulletin boards on the Net, but they are not helpful at all, being barely alive and in some cases just copy and paste jobs of Clear One press releases.

I know about Clear One's failed attempt to get back on Nasdaq. Surely this cannot explain this huge drop in share price. I also know that the last quarter's sales, while solid, was not spectacular. Sales for the previous quarter was better, although sales were better than for the same quarter a year before.

Is some suppressed secret from the past about to surface? Any ideas? News about Clear One is VERY hard to come by.

BTW., does someone sell Clear One products in Aussie?

Chris

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 am 

As no one seems to know anything about this, an update.

These are only possible explanations for Clear One's falling stock price - yes, it is still going down, albeit not so spectacularly as the 12% one day drop.

First, I noticed that several posts asking direct questions about Clear One products in this forum go unanswered. Poor customer service has a way of eventually harming any company.

Secondly, Clear One started legal action against two companies in January. This has to do with trade secrets, contracts, etc. Unless it is a clear patent infringement, the outcome is very much in doubt. Adverse court decisions usually adversely affect share prices. Maybe someone has wind of an adverse outcome for Clear One on this one.

Thirdly, copy and paste this to your browser address field. Leave out the [url]..[/url] tags, which have been turned off. [url]http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_C/threadview?m=tm&bn=8162&tid=27962&mid=27962&tof=1&frt=2[/url]

The poster clearly thinks he/she knows what the reason is. BTW, to get to Clear One's message board on Yahoo one has to change the company from CLRO.OB to CLRO. CLRO.OB leads nowhere. Yahoo should have updated their links.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:50 am 

Chris - obviously, it would be inappropriate for anyone who works at ClearOne to comment on any share price movements, so that is why you haven't seen any posts from ClearOne employees.

Secondly, we definitely have a sales channel established in Australia. Our partner is Production Audio Services. Colin Stevenson is the managing director. His e-mail is colin@productionaudio.com.au, and his phone number is (03) 9264 8000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 am 

"obviously, it would be inappropriate for anyone who works at ClearOne to comment on any share price movements"

I did not really expect ClearOne staff to respond. I hoped someone who knew more than I did about the question visited this forum.

In any case, ClearOne rose about 7.8% on the news that the person offending Nasdaq has resigned from his position with ClearOne. It now remains to be seen if Nasdaq thinks the excision was adequate.

ClearOne has a Price/Earnings ratio of just more than 23, which is reasonable. A higher P/E is only justified for a company with clear growth prospects. Higher sales will do very well.

Let's see where ClearOne goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:23 am 

On Tuesday, July 17 2007, ClearOne's share price rose by 11.11% As someone holding a reasonable number of CLRO.OB shares that is indeed good news to me.

A strong earnings report and re-listing on Nasdaq will make many very happy.

Way to go.

Chris Malan