Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: Market Solutions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:04 am 

During our 45 years of Business Operations in Latin America and Caribbean and after dealing with an enormous number of brands and products over the years ClearOne one products is in fact one of the best engineered and most innovative products lines we have ran into.

Using any common sense it would only be practical to see more of ClearOne products in installations. But as we work with our dealers we are finding more installs with an expensive Polycom Video Codec and a simple Polycom tabletop unit to cover Conferencing tables of over 10 seats. I wonder what is it makes this end users buy this poor solutions for their use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:15 am 

Answer: Brand awareness.

Being in the circuit for a long time we used Gentner and later on ClearOne equipment. As videoconferencing is one of our mainstream business paths we have used Polycom from their startup phase too.
Technological and financial, the Polycom solutions cannot compete with the ClearOne, that's for sure. And all audio-enthousiastics would not even think on the choice, but..... the majority of the end-users is no so 'technically' aware and the brand Polycom is more widely known compared to ClearOne. The end-user also prefers, in a lot of cases, the one-stop-shopping and single-brand solution and ends up with a technical inferior and more expensive solution. Sometimes branch offices are pushed to that solution by their HQ. I some cases the AV consultant want to make it easy for him/herself and sticks with single brand,....etc
But I also have to admit that in a lot of cases the quaility is not too bad either (allthough seeing a polycom (triangular) desktopmic fitted to the ceiling of a boardroom always puts a smile on my face.)
Anyway, ClearOne is my favorite for high-end integration jobs.