Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: Converge console on windows 7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 am 

Software installed allright but when started a warning comes up stating Converge consol error "DevUSBLocator class not registered" then shuts down is windows 7 not supported or am I missing a driver

Eric

Post subject: Re: Converge console on windows 7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm 

I'm having the same problem with the 64 bit version. I read that 64 bit is not supported at all. If anyone knows a possilbe solution let us know please...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:45 pm 

Seeing as how these forums are just jumping with conversations.... I beleive the solution to your problem would be to..
1) Wait till the make their software and usb drivers win7 compatible
2) Scratch win7 and go back to vista (ha yea right...)
3) Try installing Windows XP Mode for Windows 7 and install their software in that virtual operating system. Which I just tested and it works. Haven't been able to test whether the USB virtualization allows you to connect to a Converge system with it, but it should work once attached.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm 

After you install the latest converge version 3.0 build 5.2 go to the x86 program file and find the converge manager .exe, right click and select run as administrator. You have to do this even if you are the admin on the machine. I double clicked on version 2 and then it states that it is registered then I went back and double clicked on version 3, got the same response and then the USBlocator error didn't come up but the console did.... this now works on my machine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 am 

I could only solve this by manually register the locator.dll in folder 3. I used the command "regsvr32 locator.dll"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm 

[quote="mt197574"]After you install the latest converge version 3.0 build 5.2 go to the x86 program file and find the converge manager .exe, right click and select run as administrator. You have to do this even if you are the admin on the machine. I double clicked on version 2 and then it states that it is registered then I went back and double clicked on version 3, got the same response and then the USBlocator error didn't come up but the console did.... this now works on my machine[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:46 am 

For 64-bit Windows 7 (and possibly Vista), the 32-bit DLLs must be registered using regsvr32 specifically from the syswow64 folder.

I installed Converge Console 5.5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system as a member of the local Administrators group, and I did not right-click the setup executable to use the "Run as Administrator" option. The program and driver installations were successful but I received the "USB locator class not registered" warning and could not start the program.

I used the following steps to resolve this:

- Find Command Prompt in the Start menu, right click it, click Run as Administrator, and click Yes.
- Type the following commands and hit Enter, and also hit Enter to confirm the pop-up after each "regsvr32" command:
cd /d "%programfiles(x86)%\clearone\converge"
"%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32" 1\locator.dll
"%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32" 2\locator.dll
"%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32" 3\locator.dll
exit

I was then able to launch Converge Console with no problems. The annoying thing is that I have to click Yes to allow the additional "Administrator" privileges each time I launch it, and I cannot directly open .CNV files from Windows Explorer because the file association launch will not prompt for the Run as Administrator privileges. This could be fixed by disabling the additional Windows protection, but I would rather not since my machine is based on a standard image.