Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: Clearone Converge Products.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 pm 

Hi,

Im a newbie with Clearone products, we have an installation with Cisco C60, Clearone Converge Pro 880 with 8 mics connected on it, Pro 8i with 1 mic and Converge VH20 with the controller. I'm encountering some problems with the configuration, when i talked infront the mic, i can hear my voice twice, cutting/chopped and the quality is not good and clear. I don't know if I missed something on my configuration in Pro 880.

In my VH20, any advise on how to configure and use it?

Any suggestion, advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joseph

Post subject: Re: Clearone Converge Products.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 pm 

I am not familiar with the Converge products that you listed, however generally speaking, it sounds as if the ClearOne hardware is experiencing some feedback, and is trying to "duck" the mics before feedback occurs.

I would do a couple of things to try to troubleshoot and determine exactly where the problem lies.

Disconnect or disable all but 1 microphone and make a test call, if you experience similar symptoms, try turning down the volume of the speakers and turning down the gain of the microphones. If the problem goes away, add another microphone and repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 am 

[quote="Wiz"]I am not familiar with the Converge products that you listed, however generally speaking, it sounds as if the ClearOne hardware is experiencing some feedback, and is trying to "duck" the mics before feedback occurs.

I would do a couple of things to try to troubleshoot and determine exactly where the problem lies.

Disconnect or disable all but 1 microphone and make a test call, if you experience similar symptoms, try turning down the volume of the speakers and turning down the gain of the microphones. If the problem goes away, add another microphone and repeat.[/quote]

Make sure your gain structures for inputs and outputs are correct sounds like your AEC reference is incorrect. Trying one mic as a test is a very good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:30 pm 

Sounds like an echo cancelling issue. Your echo cancelling reference should be the main audio output from your codec, C60 that feeds the main room amplifier.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:45 am 

It sounds great.
Nice to meet you.
I am a newbie also.
Glad to see your experiences.