Login    Register       FAQ       Search  

Post subject: XAP TH2 & Verizon conferencing bridge
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am 

I'm thinking this may be a issue within the service provides & the conferencing bridge but i just need conformation. when i place calls directly the audio is fine but when i make calls through the bridge the audio is indistinguishable. i can adjust the audio but then for directly dialed calls the audio is indistinguishable

Post subject: Re: XAP TH2 & Verizon conferencing bridge
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 am 

Connecting to the site with G-Ware, go to the TH2 and click on "Telco Config". Make sure that "Receive ALC" is turned of. This will prevent conflicts between the automatic level control on the conferencing bridge and our Automatic Level Control (ALC). Then, keeping the "Telco Config" window open, click on "Telco Meters" and enable the "Receive Input" and "Receive Output" meters by putting a check in the box to the left of each meter. Watching the Receive Input meter particularly, have someone talk on the far end of the phone connection. The audio level of their normal talking should be showing highest peaks between about +4 and +6 dB (this should provide unity gain). It is likely that the audio levels on a bridge call will be different that on a normal, point to point call. Going back to the Telco Config window, put check beside "Receive Boost" and then increase the receive boost as much as you need to so that the incoming audio is close the the correct peak levels (+4 to +6 dB). You may need to find a compromise between bridge calls and point to point calls. If you are using a controller for control of the XAP site, you may need to program it to change the Receive Boost level for bridge vs point to point calls.

Also make sure that you have unity gain throughout your XAP site to insure optimal processing of audio. You may also need to consider any issues with the site/room setup that may be causing difficulties for the XAP's audio processing. Directional table mics, lapel mics, or hand held mics will work the best. Omnidirectional mics and ceiling mics will make audio processing more difficult. Also, a room with a lot of hard surfaces (windows, sheet rock walls, white boards, etc.) that easily reflect audio will also create challenges to effective processing, as will poor mic/speaker placement.

If you are still having problems, please call ClearOne Technical Support, 1-800-283-5936 or 1-801-974-3760, for more in depth troubleshooting of your system.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:10 pm 

the issue isn't on the received audio its only on the transmitted audio, i should have been more clear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 am 

It is likely your bridge service. We had a similar problem (not with Verizon). We would test the system using multiple bridge services and multiple phones and it would work perfectly, but when we switched to one of our "Preferred vendors" for large (+100) teleconferences there was a lot of noise on the line and echos. Without changing a thing, we would go to a different provider and it would work perfectly. We approached our preferred vendor, and they blamed our system, saying that we should not use a congerence phone, we should use a handset. We advised them that we have tried their system with a conference phone, our Clear One system, a traditional handset, as well as a hybrid with professional microphones and headsets from multiple locations all with similar results. They stopped responding to our questions and as a result are no longer our preferred vendor.