Tag Archives: COLLABORATE Room
Can a conference room truly be “intelligent,” to accommodate your connection, communication, and collaboration needs? Does such a conference room actually exist?
A conference room has to accommodate people at different levels, different skill sets, with different types of connection and communication needs – it could be a local connection point to locally present from your own device, or to bridge someone at a remote location for audio/video conferencing. The life of a conference room is always busy…it must be set up efficiently to accommodate a variety of user needs. This new conference room model has become known in the industry as the “all-in-one conference room”.
As an AV Integrator, what does it take to cover all these possibly functions of the all-in-one conference room? You may want to ask yourself the following questions:
In-Room Local Meetings
One of the major applications of these all-in-one conference rooms is local, in-room presentations and sharing. Wired connections are a thing of the past, legacy systems which also have the challenges of different formats, types of connectors, etc. Wireless collaboration technology has taken over the way participants share and collaborate information.
• Does your conference room support cross-platform Windows, Mac, iOS, Android devices for presentation?
• Can multiple users share and collaborate information simultaneously? 4-6 simultaneous participant connectivity is common.
• Do you need white boarding / annotation functions?
• Is your conference room content secured? Can it generate a dynamic PIN for your session?
• Can your conference room capture the content from this meeting? Does this capture include audio, video camera and data for future use?
• Can your room stream this content live and/or on-demand?
Audio calls are still a favored method of communication, to join a webinar or to connect with someone who does not have a video-enabled device.
• Do you have a professional audio system to handle modern room acoustic challenges?
• Is it designed to cover participants who stand/sit away from the conference room table?
• Does it support PSTN and/or VOIP Connectivity?
Can this all-in-one conference room host a web conference? Times have changed. Web conferencing is now much more productive with video and media collaboration, rather than simply being an audio call. The true advantage of web conferencing is its ability to accommodate a large number of participants.
• Does your room support simple plug-and-play connectivity from your laptop to host a conference?
• Does your cloud application support cross-platform BYOD?
• Do you have a professional camera and professional audio support to deliver your message loud and clear?
Video conferencing adoption has grown immensely in recent years and it will continue to do so. All of us are aware of the benefits of video conferencing.
• Your room must be capable of interoperating with other manufacturer’s solutions.
• H.323/SIP and H.460 support is required to ensure a smooth connectivity to legacy systems.
• Modern-age conference rooms require recording and archiving of conferences for future use.
• Streaming of conferences is often required for overflow rooms.
• Conference rooms must be equipped with multi-party capability to connect multiple locations at the same time.
ClearOne COLLABORATE® Pro 900 offers a complete media collaboration solution to meet today’s diverse organizational demands for conferencing, collaboration, and communication.
Its versatile design makes it ideal for multiple applications including videoconferencing, professional audio conferencing, wireless presentations and collaborations, training, corporate announcements, etc.
• Brings traditional SIP/H.323 videoconferencing and cloud video collaboration into a single appliance for multi-site collaboration with up to 25 sites.
• Award-winning Beamforming Microphone Array and market-leading CONVERGE® Pro DSP mixer for best-in-class professional audio.
• Perfect for both single-site and multi-site interactive collaboration.
• Multi-purpose solution for multiple applications – videoconferencing, professional audio conferencing, wireless presentation and collaboration, capture and recording station, streaming and distribution.
• Multi-source collaboration with simultaneous capture of up to 4 video input sources.
• Single point of support and maintenance for your complete collaboration and conferencing needs.
Introducing the COLLABORATE® Video Conferencing System with its advanced Beamforming Microphone Array Technology.
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for voice and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability.
As a market leader, ClearOne is focused on developing cutting-edge conferencing and collaboration products. We are known for our industry innovation, committed to incorporating the latest technologies into our product lines. We are bringing our most recent technology enhancements to the Enterprise Connect Conference and Expo on March 17-20, 2014 in Orlando, Florida.
The new COLLABORATE Room Pro is a complete video collaboration system with built-in features far beyond those of competing room systems at an affordable price point. Add the game changing and award winning Beamforming Microphone Array to your video conferencing system, and you are taking your first step into the future!
Visit ClearOne at booth 942 at Enterprise Connect, and you will see how the Beamforming Microphone Array is now able to connect directly to the COLLABORATE Room Pro system without the need for a DSP mixer by using a standard USB connection.
The new COLLABORATE Room Pro SKU includes a 24-element Beamforming Microphone Array (either glossy black or white) along with the COLLABORATE Room Pro codec and 18x PTZ camera.
Standards-based COLLABORATE Room video conferencing solutions enable up to nine locations to be easily and inexpensively bridged together, with built-in video streaming, recording, and multicasting— all without the need for expensive infrastructure or media servers.
Download a free Wainhouse Research whitepaper: “Keeping Video Conferencing Simple”
The CONVERGE USB peripheral provides a standard USB connection between the Beamforming Microphone Array and COLLABORATE Room Pro without the need for a DSP mixer.
The Beamforming Microphone Array is the Pro-Audio industry’s first professional-grade microphone array with beamforming and adaptive steering technology and ClearOne’s next-generation Acoustic Echo Cancellation.
Now available in both glossy white and black finishes, the array fits room aesthetics as well as it solves difficult audio configurations.
Download a free whitepaper: “Advanced Beamforming Microphone Technology for Corporate Conferencing Systems”
Watch a Beamforming Microphone Array demonstration below
We want you to be our guest at Enterprise Connect this year. Click the banner below to save $500 or get a free expo pass!
This post continues our discussion on the value of standalone video endpoints.
Cloud-based video conferencing gives organizations the benefits of video conferencing without major investment in infrastructure or network that is often required for many deployments. Cloud-based services deliver the value of high-quality video conferencing without the upfront costs for equipment and staff that are usually needed to set up and manage video calls.
Cloud-based services make video easily accessible to anyone, anywhere whether they are using video in a room, at the desktop or on a mobile device. Video service in the cloud offers opportunities for businesses of all sizes to access video conferencing technologies in a way that is easy to use, affordable, and not dependent on in-house IT resources.
Applications For Standalone Systems
A large pharmaceutical firm used a standalone video unit when there was a need to have a subject matter expert, located in a foreign country, participate in a seminar held in the United States. The availability of a standalone video unit made it easy for the firm to connect the individual into a call. A phone line was used as a backup in case the video call failed. There was no worry about in-house infrastructure or the need to find a firm to host the call.
The value of a standalone video unit was useful to engineers from a packaged goods company who needed to immediately focus on an assembly line problem. In the past, traditional video conferencing units and in-house infrastructure issues made it difficult to handle problems with a moment’s notice. Video conferences had to be planned.
Standalone video units, with an embedded MCU, recording & streaming capabilities, make it easier to hold a video call when needed. Cloud service offerings can be used to reach outside firms (B2B) or consumer locations (B2C). Now true video conferencing portability is a reality.
ClearOne’s COLLABORATE® Room Advantages
ClearOne COLLABORATE® room solutions are standalone, serverless video units that offer best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration at a price-point and feature set vastly superior to competing room conferencing solutions. Collaborate Room systems are available for small to large sized rooms. These systems are plug & play devices that are easy to set-up, operate and upgrade. ClearOne’s COLLABORATE® offers the following advantages:
+ Self-contained, Serverless
+ Multi-standard – H.323 and SIP
+ Embedded MCU
+ Embedded Recording
+ Embedded Streaming (both uni-cast & multicast)
Deployment and usage of video conferencing systems no longer need to be difficult. No longer is there a need to invest in cumbersome in-house infrastructure, nor is there a need to deploy systems that are time consuming and difficult to install when considering video conferencing at secondary sites. Standalone, server independent deployment is now available to allow organizations to grow their adoption of video conferencing and offer easy to use, full-featured, technology. These systems are designed for small and medium-sized organizations or for secondary sites of larger enterprises.
S. Ann Earon, Ph.D., is president of Telemanagement Resources International Inc. and Founding Chairperson of IMCCA, the non-profit industry association for collaborative conferencing. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.