Written on September 4, 2018 at 12:34 pm, by ClearOne
Would you like to save time on installations, deliver better results for your customers, and improve your skills? ClearOne lets you do that and more, and the trainings are all free. The ClearOne University classes and resources provide tips, tricks, and best practices so you can:
- Reduce time spent at job sites
- Configure and commission systems faster
- Deliver the best possible audio/video quality
- Address customers’ unique requirements
- Build skills and develop your career
- Earn CTS renewal units
- Satisfy customers
Here are some of the many ways ClearOne makes it easy for you to learn about audio/video concepts and ClearOne products.
How-To Video Tutorials on New Products
To help you master the configuration of ClearOne’s CONVERGE® Pro 2, we’ve created a series of “how-to” video tutorials. These videos will show you how to use the CONSOLE ® software to name assets, configure VoIP models for Skype® for Business calls, set up sound reinforcement and processing blocks, and many other configuration steps.
Two videos to add to your playlist today are AEC Standard Reference and AEC Custom Reference for sound reinforcement applications. If you don’t set up the AEC reference signal correctly, you risk creating echo on the far end. These 2- and 3-minute videos walk you through the process and show you exactly how to create the appropriate AEC reference in the CONSOLE software.
If you’d like to take a deeper dive into AEC references, check out this article by ClearOne, published on CX Media: ‘How To: Configure an Acoustic Echo Cancellation reference with ClearOne ConvergePro2.’
Online and Instructor-Led Training Classes
ClearOne’s YouTube training videos showcase the answers to many common questions but for more in-depth information, check out the offerings at ClearOne University. You’ll find self-paced training courses as well as instructor-led courses that include teach-in, hands-on, live webinar, and regional trainings. The regional trainings are held around the world and CTS- certified participants can earn AVIXA RUs upon completion.
The classes help participants learn audio and visual basics, keep up with changing technologies, and learn more about all the conferencing, collaboration, and streaming solutions ClearOne offers and continues to roll out. Current training offerings include Pro Audio Technical Specialist Training and Media Collaboration Technical Specialist Training.
ClearOne University is always adding trainings and other resources for anyone designing, configuring, and supporting ClearOne products. For more information about all the options, check out the training options and schedules.
Written on February 7, 2018 at 3:27 pm, by Peter Nutley
As a Technical Trainer here at ClearOne, I always ask my students what they are seeing as far as current market trends and requirements in their respective geographic areas.
Some responses are specific to their region, however the list of three trending topics below represent global trends as indicated by the multiple responses I received from many classes that I’ve taught.
Let’s take a look.
- Huddle rooms – these are relatively small areas designed to accommodate smaller collaborative sessions. They are typically equipped with audio, video and display systems. These areas are often used by teams to get together for meetings or to collaborate on projects. Organizations are opting to install multiple huddle rooms in a given floor space, as opposed to one or two larger conference rooms.
- Dante – in the past year or so of my un-scientific verbal survey, the percentage of students who have indicated that they regularly work with Dante products has increased from ~20% or so to well over 50% per class. Typical applications include conferencing, as well as digital audio networks spread over large geographic areas (such as campuses or large corporate environments). The ubiquity of Dante enabled equipment, combined with the ease of use and installation benefits of using CAT 5 cabling to support multiple Dante audio channels – are two of the benefits driving this adoption.
- USB Audio inputs and outputs – the emergence of huddle rooms mentioned above, combined with the growing use of “Bring Your Own” video solutions on laptops is driving the requirement for an increased number of USB audio inputs and outputs for conferencing. Typical “BYO” applications include a soft client for webconfernecing/videoconferening, as well as soft UC clients for audio or multimedia presentations.
ClearOne’s portfolio is well positioned to address these global trends with our COLLABORATE® Pro 900 and COLLABORATE® Versa 150 packages. Combine these with expanded native Dante support and increased USB capacity via USB expanders in CONVERGE® Pro 2 products – and you have complete solutions to meet today’s diverse organizational demands for huddle rooms, conferencing, collaboration, and communication.
More On ClearOne University Trainings
To meet this increased need for a wider range of training options, we have doubled the size of our training staff and set a goal of hosting 175 training events during the course of 2018, utilizing a mix of traditional, regional in-person classes with an increased number of webinar-style classes that are open to Pro AV practitioners everywhere. We will even custom design a training schedule for consultants and specific groups on an as-needed basis.
VIEW TRAINING SCHEDULE
What trends and topics you’re seeing in the Pro AV industry? Comment below!
I look forward to seeing you at one of your training events.
Written on January 16, 2018 at 12:23 pm, by Brad
The 2018 ClearOne Connections Tour has begun. We’ll be touring the Western U.S. visiting 18 cities from January through May 2018 in our 36-foot ClearOne Tour Bus that’s stocked full with our complete line of conferencing, collaboration and streaming solutions directly to you, our commercial AV practitioners and your customers.
Here’s What You’ll Experience!
- See live demos of our latest products.
- Watch full product set-ups and configurations.
- Meet with a ClearOne rep about new product features and benefits.
- Get a hands on approach and interact with the products and see how they’ll fit into your next project.
The 2018 ClearOne Connections Tour has been created to make it easy and convenient for systems integrators and end-users across the country who can’t always get to larger trade shows and conferences to experience first hand our entire line of diverse AV communications solutions.
Here’s What’s Installed
- CONVERGE Pro 2
- Beamforming Microphone Array 2
- WS800 Wireless Microphone System
- DIALOG 20 Wireless Microphone System
- Ceiling Microphone Array
- Touch Panel Controller for CP2
- USB Expander for CP2
- GPIO Expander for CP2
- COLLABORATE Pro 900
- COLLABORATE Pro 300
- COLLABORATE Versa 150
- COLLABORATE Share
- UNITE Cameras
- VIEW Pro Encoders
- VIEW Pro Decoders
- INTERACT AT
- MAX IP
- MAX EX
- CHAT 150
- CHAT 50
The tour will include presentations, trainings, question and answer sessions, networking opportunities, and product demonstrations of ClearOne’s solutions in video conferencing and collaboration, pro audio and network media streaming.
The ClearOne Connections Tour Schedule:
|Salt Lake City, UT||January 4 – January 5|
|Sacramento, CA||January 15 – January 16|
|Northern CA||January 18 – January 24|
|LA Metro CA||January 29 – January 31|
|Orange County CA||February 1 – February 5|
|San Diego, CA||February 6 – February 9|
|Las Vegas, NV||February 12 – February 15|
|Phoenix, AZ||February 19 – February 23|
|Albuquerque, NM||February 26 – March 2|
|Oklahoma City, OK||March 5 – March 9|
|Dallas, TX||March 12 – March 16|
|Austin, TX||March 19 – March 23|
|Houston, TX||March 26 – March 30|
|New Orleans, LA||April 2 – April 6|
|Memphis, TN||April 9 – April 13|
|St. Louis, MO||April 16 – April 20|
|Kansas City, MO||April 23 – April 27|
|Denver, CO||April 30 – May 4|
Eastern U.S. dates coming soon…
Visit the dedicated ClearOne Connections Tour web page where you can stay on top of where we are and where we’re going next..
Come Experience the Fun and We’ll See You There!